Following on from the last posting– consider some other business questions that can’t be answered by operational systems:. From the communications industry:
- Who are our lowest/highest margin customers?
- Which communication features produce the highest/lowest revenue and margins?
- What is the network option that best supports a particular customer?
- What is our most effective distribution channel?
- What sales channel would be most effective for a new product?
- What product and service bundling packages can be built and how will they impact revenue?
- What impact will new products/services have on revenue and margins?
- What are reliable compensation plans based on any combination of customer average billing rates?
- What impact will a competitor’s pricing have on our revenue and margins?
- Which customers are most likely to go to the competition?
- How is the competition doing in each of our market segments?
Or maybe from the transportation industry:
- What are the most profitable domestic routes?
- What are the most profitable international routes?
- How many people did we fly into this location in the last two years?
- Where do our customers connect to once they arrive at this location?
- What percentage of customers fly to this location once we fly them into our hub?
- What customers are leaving our frequent flyer program and why?
- What routes are losing money and what new routes should we fly?
- What routes should we increase aircraft size to meet the demand next year?